Pan Seared Tuna with Avocado on Arugula
Read on for the recipe...
I’ve found that if I can make the dressing/marinade an hour or so ahead of time, it’s even better because the flavors mingle together longer. However, if you don’t have time, just make it right before. There is a lot of cilantro in this, so sometimes I add the cilantro gradually to make sure it’s not too much.
Another variation of this recipe would be to add a little bit of fresh grated ginger in the dressing, but I’ve come to prefer it without.
¼ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil + 2 Tbsp extra to sear the tuna with
2 Limes, juiced
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Big Handfuls Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
1 Jalapeno, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
Salt and Pepper
2 Sushi-Quality Tuna Steaks (or approximately 6 oz per person)
Avocado, halved, peeled and sliced
• Combine the ¼ cup olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro and stir well.
• Have your arugula ready to go and place it on dinner plates.
• Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and when it’s hot, add the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. Let the oil heat, then place the tuna steaks in the pan and sear for 1 minute, letting it form a crust. Then, flip it and cook for 1 minute on the other side.
• Remove the pan from heat and drizzle 1 Tbsp of the sauce/dressing over the fish to lightly coat.
• Slice the tuna steaks and place on the arugula.
• Top the sliced tuna with avocado slices. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the salad.